China – 19th CPC National Congress – Highlights
Goal of this post / disclaimer
This is primarily for myself in order to learn and repeat the key takeaways from a study trip in Shanghai and HSuangzhou.
If you also can benefit from the below information fine; if not, also fine for me and my words are of course not exhaustive.
Highlights of the 19th CPC National Congress
The presentation was given by the Zhejiang University of Technology in Hangzhou.
The Zhejiang University of Technology is in the city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. It is considered one of the top industrial universities in mainland China and the second largest university in Zhejiang Province.
Title of the report:
Secure a decisive victory in building a moderately prosperous society in all respects and strive for the great success of socialism with Chinese characteristics for a new era
Theme of the congress
- Remain true to our original aspiration and keep our mission firmly in mind
- Hold high the banner of socialism with Chinese characteristics
- Secure a decisive victory in building a moderately prosperous society in all respects
- Strive for the great success of socialism with Chinese characteristics for a new era
- Work tirelessly to realize the Chinese Dream of national rejuvenation.
14-point basic policy
Two-Stage development plan
- 2020 – 2035
- Socialist modernization is basically realized
- 2035 to mid 21st century
- China will be developed into a great modern socialist country that is prosperous, strong, democratic, culturally advanced, harmonious and beautiful.
The presentation was clearly focused on giving a very positive impression of China and the future program. Most of the point might really be a strategic goal, but some of the also raised some scepsis.
For example that China from 2035 until mid 21st century might be a democratic country. I don’t want to blame the current mode of operations in China and what has been learned is clearly that there are many advantages in the way China operates. But stating that China will be a “democratic country” is maybe a bit to far; but let’s see…. 😉
But, and one needs to give credit for that, China has definitively a long term plan unlike any other nations (also in combination with “Made in China 2025” and “One Belt one Road”).
Visits / Sessions today
- Zhejiang University of Technology – http://school.cucas.edu.cn/Zhejiang-University-of-Technology-165/
- Summary of 19th CPC National Congress – https://www.usetheweb.ch/wp-content/uploads/Highlight%20of%2019th%20CPC%20National%20Congress.pdf